Job Opportunities at Side by Side
The following job opportunity is currently available at Side by Side.
Lived Experience Expert (ages 17-25)
Applications Due - 3/19 by 5:00pm
*Please note these roles will work with the larger LGBTQ+ Housing Stability Collaborative consisting of Side by Side, the Virginia Anti-Violence Project, the Nationz Foundation, and Advocates for Richmond Youth. Also, we are hiring multiple youth LEE leaders* The role of an L.E.E Consultant involves individuals with certain lived experience to share their opinion and expertise to help create Richmond’s very first LGBTQ+ Host Home Program and to create/provide trainings to Foster Care Providers and other organizations supporting same-sex loving youth facing housing instability.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Queer, Pansexual, Asexual, etc.
- Can commit to attending two 2-hour developmental meetings per month in 2018.
- Can be available for weekly check-ins when needed
- Have a willingness to share past experiences related to our work
- Are willing to learn how to advocate for themselves and others.
- Are interested in working as part of a collaborative team.
- Must be between 17-25 years old
- Must identify within the LGBTQ+ community
- Must have experience with homelessness / unstable housing / foster care
- Transportation assistance and food provided for every meeting.
- Childcare available at meetings upon request.
- Compensation = $20 per hour, estimated $80 per month
- The positions are only available and funded for the 2018 calendar year.